[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorra-archery Digest, Vol 87, Issue 2

Iago baroniago at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 10 07:39:22 PDT 2013

You can get a Pelican primarily  for work done toward fencing, shooting, and
riding, but it takes extreme levels of doing it.  You also need to show that
you more than just that. If you are a don and only work in the rapier
community, the circle will look at it as doing the job of a don. The same
goes for any community, be it armored combat, A&S, archery, equestrian. If
you have the terminal award for that activity, you have a job, and most of
the work you do will fall into that job description. Working at a kingdom or
society level and working outside of your primary area of activity  is
vital.

This only begins to scratch the surface, by the way.

Just one pelican's opinion

Iago

Dore wrote.

"In my ~30 years in the SCA I have not been able to figure out WHAT
Ansteorra gives Pelicans for, but it clearly is not for fencing, shooting,
or riding."