[Ansteorra-archery] Archery as a Peer area under A&S.

Erwin Simmons ESIMMONS001 at HOT.RR.COM
Fri Aug 9 14:43:42 PDT 2013

Don Sebastion,
I agree with most of if not all you have to say. However, I feel that I
must point out a few things. Like fighters love to fight, Archers love
to shoot.  If I get a chance to spend a day on the range I am most
likely to, especially since not all events offer Archery. I am also a
chivalric fighter and hoping to pick up rapier. I have seen on almost
every occasion that the fighting (both type) occur at the same time as
the archery competitions. Therefore if I have to choose I will most
likely choose the archery.  I think also will most other Archers, which
makes it impossible at some events to do the things you suggest.
The only other place I have done SCA was in Drachenwald (when it was a
Principality) and the archery was normally scheduled for after or before
the fighting.
I do many Non archery things and hopefully someday may be noticed for
them. Although I really take my enjoyment and reward from participating
where I can and doing my best to keep the Dream alive.
Yours in Service
Lord Eric Bentbow