[Ansteorra-archery] Bow Repair

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 27 22:59:53 PDT 2013

Lord Eric,

This is not a question that can be answered without inspecting
the damage to the bow.  I would find a competent bow maker
to access the damage before attempting any repair.  Sight
unseen I would heed the shop's suggestion not to try to attempt
to shave or reshape the bow because that would change the
dynamics of the bow and unless you know what you are doing
you could ruin the bow rather than save it.

I don't think it would be safe to use the bow without having it
checked out, but I tend to lean toward safety first myself.

If you would state your location someone with experience
making bows might volunteer to have a look at it for you.

That is the best advice I can offer on line without actually
seeing your bow.

Regards,

Ironwyrm