[Ansteorra-archery] Period Long bow

Patrick R tex_yankee2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 15:11:10 PDT 2013

I wish I knew how to go from tree to bow as all I know is getting good planks and cutting them into staves. Agree on the overdraw as we test everything to 28 inches unless it was made to go longer and even in some of them if we do not feel it is safe to go longer we only mark it for 28. The one thing no bow maker will guarantee against is an overdraw. Even the best wood judge I know considers herself lucky if you can get four planks out of a large stack of wood.
Dante