[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] RE: Youth Academy

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Apr 25 18:53:37 PDT 2004

First Aid andCPR can be taught to young children.  Certification is not
available til the age of 14 in the ARC, though.  Because of liability
reasons, the last I checked we could only let under-18s serve as
scribes, not doing any of the patient care work.  As a Lifetime Girl
Scout and long time Cub/Boy Scout adult, I can see both sides of this.
But that's the way it's written.

And you're really, truly right about asking Group Chirurgeons before
assuming that an event sponsored by their Group needs a CIC.  My habit
is to check the website in case the Autocrat has extended the CIC the
courtesy of being listed (to gather volunteers).  Failing that, I go to
the group Chirurgeon if there is one.  THEN to the Autocrat.  Now, if
the Regionals want to be traffic cops for this process, I'm all for it.
Nothing's more annoying than spending a week trying to find someone to
Let You Work!!

Gerita

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross