[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Thank You

PBW PBW_RN at ev1.net
Thu Mar 31 07:50:11 PST 2005

I have to add my 2 cents in on all the thank you's
I did not get to make (again) Gulf War this year and am used to the only phone calls received from GW are the "you should have been there" kind. Imagine my suprise when my sister-in-law called to tell me my brother-in-law had had a heart attack and how wonderful the chirurgeons were. When my sister in law, Lady Aingeal, called (and when I also spoke with my mother in law Baroness Dana) I heard pride in her voice when she spoke of the chirurgeons.
That phone call did more than just let me know how my family was doing it (a) made me proud that I am an Ansteorra Chirurgeon (b) let me know that what we do is noticed in a positive light.
When I first became a Chirurgeon one of the stigmas we had to overcome was the "rabid chirurgeon" image. I am glad to have been able to see in these last few years that image turn into one of pride instead. Now when I am at an event I hear "I need a Chirurgeon!" or "get me a chirugeon" instead of "oh great, here comes a chirurgeon".  People seek us out.
Thank you all, even those who could not be at GW, for taking the time to give of yourselves at SCA events. I know when I am CIC at an event I think of a good event as being one of a boring report of "nothing happened" but that dosent always happen.  Our having dedicated Chirurgeons who are ready to take on the challenges of whatever can happen at an event from boo-boos, bandaides and calling 911 makes others able to have a more relaxed and enjoyable event.

Proudly serving Ansteorra,
Lady Magdalea Mac an Ghabhann
Journeyman Chirurgeon