[Ansteorra-chirurgeon] Fwd: Re: [KC] Fwd: Please post to the chirurgeon's list

medicfem@aol.com medicfem at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 13:33:57 PST 2005

 Ok Let's all take a deep breath,

The opinion of the Chirurgeonate as a whole has not changed since its exsistance. There are pro- and Con - chirurgeon people at every level of Society including the BOD.

This is a ammendment to the board and SCA by - laws. Now, let those who are at the kingdom or Society level chirurgeonate do their jobs and make their cases. It currently does not change who we are or what we do. Until they give us a new name or a new set of laws.... all is still the same in my book.

Let our Chirurgeon General tell us what is our next course of action. So we get new names and red chirurgeons were once apprentices and silver chirurgeons were once journeyman and gold chirurgeons were once Masters and a platinum chirurgeon were once our chirurgeon general. Who knows what will come down the line next! Just roll with it and remember we do this for fun.

So were no longer carry OTC's in our bags! I can point to a basket just as easily.

So the chirurgeonate does not own an AED ....  but Richard does. So the chirurgeonate does not own oxygen bottles ....... but Penny has a few back at camp she will use.

When people seperate the people from the chirurgeonate they serve ... there is no discussion. The modern people are certified .... the SCA persona is not.

By the way, a non profit group that requests for First Aid training and CPR training individuals get people who can use oxygen administration and are AED trained by the RED CROSS, AHA or ASHI. This person needs to brush up on what is First aid and CPR trained and what does that detail. I will gladly send her the manuals.
By the Way .... the Good Samaritan does cover the AED if you have had an approved course such as ASHI CPR pro or AHA for the professional rescuer. http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/aed.htm

If you are a lay person not working in the medical field.....

No liability for emergency aid unless gross negligence
1 A person who renders emergency medical services or aid to an ill, injured or unconscious person, at the immediate scene of an accident or emergency that has caused the illness, injury or unconsciousness, is not liable for damages for injury to or death of that person caused by the person's act or omission in rendering the medical services or aid unless that person is grossly negligent.
Exceptions
2 Section 1 does not apply if the person rendering the medical services or aid
(a) is employed expressly for that purpose, or
(b) does so with a view to gain.

In Service we remain,

Lady Caley of Lancashire
Ansteorra Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon - Training Division ( until they tell me who I am otherwise )

mundanely known as: ( here comes the list... LOL )

Penny Kaye Engelking

10 year Licensed Paramedic in the State of Texas
under the Medical Direction of Dr. Julius Gray M.D. on a truck or off
City of Taft EMS
Driscoll Children's Hospital Flight Paramedic ( making International flights daily somedays even to California)

Advance Cardiac Life Support
Pediactric Advance Life Support
Neonatal Rescusitation Provider
Basic Trauma Life Support