[Ansteorra-marshals] Rawhide swords

Dave Wise wiselaw at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 12:49:05 PST 2016

Not sure I'm following you, since the sword strike is still a function of the wielder.  Fighting with steel swords and no armor or helmets certainly shows that a light touch is possible, it just comes down to control and intention.  A dick is a dick whether they are using a rawhide sword or a thumping stick.....
Alexis

I hate rawhide swords. Just like I hate silo flex. That stuff stings. I don’t care if it makes your sword last longer. Rattan is cheap and plentiful. I went through a sword a month when I was a squire.

The only reason you would use a rawhide sword is because you like to hurt people.

Sir Louis le Blaireau