[Ansteorra-MiddleEastern] Guedra

willow Herbert willowjonbardc at juno.com
Fri Aug 6 16:13:18 PDT 2004

Hello this is Willow

Our dance group did a Guedra at one of our meetings and it was wonderful.
It borders on a religious ritual so if it is done at a camp site it must
be in private. As it is a blessing and calls on the God of Abraham I see
nothing wrong with it . I did have some of our Wican folks and a
fundamentalist Christian decide that they didn't want to take part. I
found it wonderful. On the other hand I would not like to see us doing a
Zar. Since that ritual calls up demons. Magical wards are supposed to be
put in place to protect the participants and I don't know anyone who has
that knowledge. Ha!Ha! Better safe than sorry.

On the matter of a "official" guild. I think we should just table that
until we have a group. I have learned from the Bardic guild that the best
guild is the simplest one. Maybe a few communication officers? Maybe an
education officer whose  job is to promote education situations. Maybe a
performance officers that tries to set up performance opportunities
throughout the kingdom. Think of what we need and come up with the least
amount of people.