[Ansteorra-missile] Fwd: classic baldar blunts

meggiddo at netzero.net meggiddo at netzero.net
Sat Oct 18 09:23:54 PDT 2003

Eadric - Head cold. Not good, not with what you have plan on Monday.
Hope things get better.

The only reason that I have the Classic Baldar Blunts was that they were
the quickest way on getting on the battlefield for me at the time,
2000.  I have since switch over to UHMW combat heads on fiberglass
shafts.

On the subject of modifications for the Egg shape Baldar Blunts.  After
Gulf Wars 2003, Hosey and I was driving back to Dallas and we were
discussing the egg shape and their design.  During the discussion, the
topic came up about how to make these safe and legal for the
battlefield.

Keep in mind that the following is a suggestion, with the hope of those
people who have the Egg Shape Baldar Blunts would be able to use them.
Otherwise, I guess they could be used for paper-weights or something
like that.

The idea was take the egg shape baldar as the core or center and wrapped
it in closed cell foam.  In other words, build up the diameter until it
reaches the 1 1/4 required by our rules today.  I know this does defeat
the major reason that they were design and produced in the first place.

Of course, testing would have to done to determine if this modification
would hold up to the rigors of the battlefield.  I have no idea if this
would work or not.  If it did work, then all those blunts could be put
to use and people would not be out any more money.  Of course, the
actual use of such a modification, meaning the performance might be such
that the arrows / bolts that these are mounted on would not fly properly
at all.

It is something to think about, perhaps give it a try and see.  The only
thing anyone has to lose is time.  All of you already has these
blunts...

Yes, I did contact Tessa and send her the above idea as well.  So, I do
not know if anyone has done any sort of investigation or testing in
this.

Michael Fray
Unit Combat Artillery for the Condottieri