[Ansteorra-missile] uhmw blunts

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Sep 12 11:34:52 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 12:50, matt gelm wrote:
> I have a few questions about fiberglass crossbow bolts for gw14. What
> can i use as abd for a uhmw blunt?

I prefer the 100 PSI siloflex straight cut routed APDs. There are good
images of them at:

http://www.combat-archery.com/

and in particular at:

http://www.combat-archery.com/routchanapd.htm

Btw, they are Anti-Penetration Devices so prevent them going into
visors. Anti-Bounce Devices means that they have to be designed to drop
straight down which means the energy goes somewhere, usually into the
target. As well, they can still penetrate if they get turned around due
to hitting something.

> On the blunt, does it have to have that taper to the shaft, or can it
> be a solid 1'' long by 1.25'' wide like a marshmellow ?

They certainly can be. Just remember to take the share edge off of them
either with a sander or router.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And we're always slipping thru the cracks
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Then the movie's over -- fade to black