[Ansteorra-missile] Re: Ansteorra-missile Digest, Vol 25, Issue 1

Blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Sep 9 12:49:46 PDT 2005

GREETINGS

> Robin Allen SAID :
>If we really want to expand our ranks something needs to be done to encourage combat archery and I think that can be done >without sacrificing the safety concerns we all have.

JUST AS AN ASIDE , I OFTEN HEAR THAT THERE AREN'T ENOUGH C/A EVENTS TO KEEP A C/A IN PRACTICE .
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT TARGET ARCHERY MARSHALS COULD HELP GET A FUTURE COMBAT ARCHER READY TO BE AUTHORIZED .
AS WELL AS SHARPEN THE SKILLS OF EXISTING C/A'S .

IF THE FUTURE C / A AND EXISTING C/A'S WOULD PARTICIPATE IN " I.K.C.A.C. " THEY WOULD GET THE CHANCE TO CHECK OUT THEIR ARMOR , MAKE SURE IT FIT WELL WHILE MOVING,AND SHOOTING FROM DIFFERENT POSITIONS , AND GET LOTS OF PRACTICE AT SHOOTING AT THEIR TARGET .WHICH SHOULD TRANSLATE INTO BETTER COMBAT ARCHERS .
THIS WOULD ALSO BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK FOR SAFETY ISSUES .

WHILE THEY WOULD STILL NEED TO PRACTICE DISTANCE ESTIMATION, AND NO SHOOT ZONE CONTROL , IT WOULD STILL BE A GOOD PLACE TO START .

I MAY BE WRONG , BUT THAT IS HOW I SEE IT AT THIS TIME .
IF THERE IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS , EDUCATION IS A WONDERFUL THING .

BE SAFE, BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN
ARTHUR BLACKMOON