[Ansteorra-missile] Need Authorizing Marshals

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Sat Sep 10 11:16:56 PDT 2005

Eadric,

I read between the lines and came to same answer that you stated about
the "MINIMUM" stand, yet if someone is  "new" this activity were to read
it and take it as being the "Full Requirements" without understanding
that it was "Minimum Requirements". Yet in Pug's posting, there was no
mention of it being a "Minimum requirement", which is what prompted me
to post my reply. And mistakes like can and does happen, which just adds
to misinformation being passed away and leads to confusion. And I did
not want to go down nor see someone else go that path when it could be
so earlier to nip it in the bud so to speak. Then when someone like
myself who wears one full gauntlet and one Archer's Gauntlet showed at
an event. The issue of what type or types of Gauntlets that are allowed
would be raised. And in fact did become an issue at Gulf Wars this year
per Iaen Mor.

I wish to clear this matter and not have to go through such a matter at
an event. Plus, wanted to know if there had been another rule change
that somehow I missed.

Hope that you and everyone else read this from Iaen, whom respond
quickly to my original posting:
Per Society rules adopted by Ansteorra.  A archer may wear a full
gauntlet with a archers gauntlet with a longbow.  They may also wear two
archers gauntlets if they choose to.  Crossbows can wear either set.
Warning expect to be questioned at least once while having your armour
inspected.  Not all marshals are aware of this.  I know I was questioned
at GW this year by a Meridian knight and was lucky that Duke Patrick
Michael was there to let him know of the change.

Michael Kettering