[Ansteorra-missile] New Question on Authorization for Combat

debbnglenn debbnglenn at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 25 04:38:00 PDT 2006

Finally...Thanks  Iaen.
When I decided I wanted to be an archer, I took it upon myself to research
EVERYTHING!
If a person wants to be an archer, every bit of information you need is
available, either here on this list, at an event, or the many fine websites
dealing with combat archery.
Iaen took control of the authorization in much the same way as his letter
describes. I was already a "heavy" so that part was not needed. He checked
my homemade arrows (1 out of 50 bounced, thanks to stickjock.com. He then
began hitting me with questions....lots of questions.....and finished by
letting me try for the day at Melees. It would have been impossible to fail
the authorizations after conducting the simple research required to be
ready.
I am still amazed at the number of people who just "show up" expecting to
get on the field without any real knowledge of the rules or construction
techniques used.
The Ansteorran Archers and Authorizing Marshalls that I have met have shown
INFINITE patience as well just all around good humour when dealing with the
"pop-up archer wanna -be's"
Just wanted to say thanks to all those that helped me get on the field
(after 6 months of research and prep). You have all always done a great job.

Many thanks
Reinhardt Stahlhelm
(Glenn Long)

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: New Question on Authorization for Combat	Archers (John Moore)

Message: 1