[Ansteorra-missile] Ansteorra-missile Digest, Vol 3, Issue 9

Robin Allen robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 17:18:10 PDT 2006

Just as a quick poll, how many groups out there have any kind of regular
combat archery practice either target or live?

In Bjornsborg we have permission to use our fighter practice site (which is a city park) to do combat archery. The area we can use is off to one side and has a safe backstop but it is small and you can only train about 2 archers at a time and they must shoot in one direction only. Limited I agree but it is sufficient for ensuring the archer knows the safety stuff. (legal distance, safe backstop, etc)
     Bjornsborg used to have combat archery practice about every other month but this year that hasn't been done due to ....... well, me. I've been busy with mundane stuff and its just plain, freaking HOT! My fault entirely. (the laziness thing not the heat) So now that melee season is here I guess its time to get off my fat kiester and get to work. So a quick question to those authorizing Marshall's out there, how many practices should my people have been through before I sent them to you? Or more to the point about how many hours of training do you want them to have before I introduce them to you?
  Robin

  Nyd hyder ond bwa.