[Ansteorra-missile] Ansteorra's army needs you!

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Aug 21 20:46:03 PDT 2006

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair wrote:
> I just have a quick question.
>
> I know with Gulf Wars there is a very firm policy of no authorizations
> at the war.  Is that unique to Gulf Wars, or does it extend to other
> wars as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Donnchadh

I would say that it not unique to Gulf War.  We typically do not
authorize at Inter-kingdom events like Gulf War, Estrella War, Pennsic,
etc.

Primarily  and practically it is because the marshals are just too busy
at those events and have too much else to do.  However there are also
some rules/jurisdiction issues when you are  at an interkingdom event.

*Inter*-kingdom events are events that "between" or sponsored by more
than one kingdom.  At such events no ONE kingdoms marshallate rules are
in effect.  The default society rules are in effect for Interkingdom
events unless the event sponsors publish in advance a complete set of
rules dictating how they will deviate from the default Society rules.

Events like Gothic War are NOT inter-kingdom events.  Even if someone
from the Outlands shows up, that doesn't make it an inter-kingdom event
because it is still solely sponsored by Ansteorran branches and the
Ansteorran  Marshallate rules remain in effect. Any out of kingdom
guests have to abide by Ansteorran rules.

There are even some pretty big wars like Lillies War in Calontir that is
solely sponsored by Calontir and it is not considered an interkingdom
event regardless of how many folks from varied kingdoms it draws.  It is
a Calontiri event and Calontir rules remain in effect.

Regards,

HL Eadric Anstapa
Deputy Society Earl Marshal for Combat Archery
eadric at scabrewer.com