[Ansteorra-missile] Relaying a Question for a Heavy Fighter

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Aug 31 06:23:01 PDT 2006

What happens after what you are suggesting is that we have a Marshal's court
and in all likelihood I pull their authorization either temp or perm depending
on the level of the infraction.

A quick exchange between fighters of a glaive and fiberglass spear at the
sally port is much different than someone walking off the field to exchange
bow & quiver for an unauthorized weapon. One is incidental and one is
intentional.

All fighters are honorable until proven otherwise. We can not assume this and
be able to call people on the field because they are using an 'illegal' weapon
for them. Btw, this was brought to the Gulf Wars marshals because no Antir
marshal was going to be present and they wanted us to enforce their rules
against their archers. Of course we refused this insane request. Imagine
trying to have enough markings to be a MidRealm fighter where you have to not
only authorize with sword, single handled mass weapon, etc, but also different
combinations with a thrusting tip, shield, and two-handed. They are getting
better and eliminating some of the styles, but there are still something like
20 different authorizations that fall within our 'armored combat' auth.

Btw, with regards to the missile section, I've asked for the DRAFT changes to
be put up. They have all the changes that have been passed into law since the
one on the website was made. It also has better 'verbage' to make the rules
more clear. Unfortunately because of different delays it hasn't been signed
into law and I will be discussing the future of this or another document
because of updates from Society with the Earl Marshal this weekend.

Ciao,
Pug