[Ansteorra-missile] dissenting view

Robin Allen robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 10:41:17 PST 2006

 On the subject of Sir Erica's new design for combat heads I beleive her actions are quite defensible. When someone is striving to come up with a new product there are three main concerns that must be addressed: The product must be profitable, it must be desirable, and in order to be used in our club it must be safe. The first area of concern is the purview of accountants and the last is the area which concerns the SCA marshalate. As to the concerns about the products desirablity that is an issue which is ultimately decided by the consumer. Not much use in making a Baldar head which is safe and cost effective if people won't buy it.
     Sir Erica is simply doing what countless other manufacturers do every day. She is submitting the product in question to a few select consumers to get their imput as to the product's usefullness and desirability. She was quite clear that the heads were not yet SCA approved and that they were not to be shot at people. My question to the group was whether anyone else had tried the things out and formed any opinions about the things.
  Robin

The smallest minority on Earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.  Ayn Rand