[Ansteorra-missile] Clear the bow!

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Dec 13 15:56:24 PST 2007

Good catch Duncan! I'd posted the shortened list to the authorizing missile
marshals back in August and it didn't get caught.

Here are the missing restrictions that I am communicating to Sir Jean Paul:

Ansteorra restriction: Shafted ammo shall use UHMW with 1" of resilient
padding or Classic Baldar blunts with Society approved 100PSI or greater
siloflex or Asgard APDs.

Ansteorra restriction: Tube ammo shall use tennis ball or Omarad blunts with
1" of resilient padding.

Ansteorra restriction: Rapier CA shall be limited to 30# bows and 600IP
crossbows.

There has been discussion of dropping the Rapier CA limit to 550IP
crossbows, but I think it mostly out of unfounded fear and not actual
incidents.

Btw, yes clear the bow was an intentional drop from the rules to get closer
to Society standards as the Earl Marshal has done for Armored Combat.

Ciao,

Pug