[Ansteorra-missile] Please read - question from List Admin

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Fri Feb 8 22:36:33 PST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 10:24 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

> No, I probably moderate closer to 22 lists.

Why 22 lists instead of just one? Hopefully because each serves a
different segment of our Society. That is what these two lists do,
one serves the Target Archery segment, the other the Combat Archery
segment. The fact that you have people on one and not the other makes
the point that they are different. Personally I would not care if all
the lists I am on were combined in to one, that is what subject lines
are for, but I do not want lists I am not on combined in to that
"super list", once again that is why you run 22 lists instead of just
one.

>  is in the best interest of our archery community.

This is the rub for a lot of people I know. You are automatically
combining the Target Archers and the Combat Archers in to one
community regardless of their desire to be in one or not. I am not
part of the Archery Community, I have nothing in common with the
Target Archers. I am part of the Melee community, I have a lot in
common with the Combat Archers who are also part of the Melee
community. If this list were to be combined with another list I would
argue it should be combined with a Melee community list so all of us
in the melee community are on the same page. Feel like wading thru e-
mails describing the best way to build a spear tip? Didn't think so.
That is why we have a list dedicated to Combat Archery and also
hopefully other melee missile weapons. Please don't make me wade thru
e-mails about target butts.

Cionaodh O'Hosey