ARN - to the touch!

Lenny Zimmermann zimmerml at kci1.com
Thu Apr 15 06:48:52 PDT 1999

As already mentioned, our standard for a good blow is enough pressure to put
2 inches of bend in a foil, or about 4 lbs. of gentle pressure. In truth,
that does make us pretty close to touch, but not quite touch. (For those of
you who haven't fought against foil in a while, try it and you'll see what I
mean by that being pretty darn close to touch!) I find it best to only call
light only if something just barely brushed my doublet, but that's me.

As for the question Ld. Mathias, I believe it was, asked regarding the
Corporate Rules revisions, the Society Deputy Marshal for Fence has
submitted his rules proposal to Duke Comar (the Society Earl Marshal) for
final comment and/or approval. I know that Baron Kazimir also presented an
alternate rules proposal to Duke Comar as well, but it is expected that
Giovanni's rules will probably pass through as they currently stand. If you
have any comments on those rules Don Giovanni has asked that they be sent to
the Earl Marshal and the BOD.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)