ARN - from Kazimir, what does it take?

daemon strong dstrong4 at mailcity.com
Fri Apr 16 08:53:14 PDT 1999

--
I want to know exactly what it takes to become a cadet??? I've been fighting for a few years now, and even done my share of Don hunting, yet I will not do politics. Is being a cadet or Don a political position or is it about rewarding dedication to the art of fencing. There are not many in my shire who even light fight. Once I even had the chance to be Rapier Marshall for my shire, but unfortunately real life and lack of funds cut me short. As I see it if an entire shire is willing to accept me as a marshall, what's keeping the dons from noticing dedication and drive??? there is a lot about the sca that is really getting my goat lately I've been playing for 7 years and have yet to recieve even recognition for my service to the dream. Due to this political Bulls@#$ I had to pull away from playing so that I could calm myself, when did sca political wars spill into mundane life??? and why was I, a nobody without even an AoA involved, or more correctly how did it happen???
So what does it take to receive recognition in this dream??? My love is for fencing, not politics.