ARN - Armor Preferencee

PAKALNIS.DAVID@heb.com PAKALNIS.DAVID at heb.com
Wed Aug 25 07:05:29 PDT 1999

> Currently we are debating between the bodysuit type thing warn under your
> clothing that gives you versatility in what you wear to fight in or the
> leather vest on the outside

Hello, thought I would drop my 2 pence in.  I am one of the fencers who uses a
collegium fencing type unit as an undergarment armor, as I think it gives me
the most versatility.  It is basically an fencing vest under anything else I
want.  Basically all of my garb then becomes armor.  I think this is a great
advantage for me, as then if I want to change my appearance I just change my
outfit, not having to make a new doublet every time.  I did have to modify my
vest, as it did not include proper coverage to the rear, (dont even go there!)
but that was easy.
There is one drawback to the undergarment method however, and that is I have
more stuff to take off to cool down.  For most fencers they can simply take
off the doublet to cool off quickly.

I feel however that the versatility and cost effectiveness of an "under-armor"
solution makes up for any other short comings.

Have fun, be safe, and dont parry with your face.

Jean Paul Louis Ghislaine
Bjornsborg
Ansteorra