ARN - What is your preference

russ@tower.nfr.net russ at tower.nfr.net
Wed Aug 25 07:33:59 PDT 1999

Triplette makes an armor doublet that is more or less suitable for SCA wear;
no buckles, etc (the zipper is hidden, the velcro at the shoulder is...more
or less hidden).  It is long sleeved, however, which leads me to its one
huge drawback for Ansteorran fighting. :)

It is REALLY HOT.  It's very heavy -- have to be careful you don't have
trouble calling touches, by the way -- and it just swelters in the Ansteorran
sun.

But it's an option.  Obviously, I own one. :)  Although, the instant I find
step by step instructions or a good pattern for a good vest out of linen,
I am so there.

Tighearnach mac Morgain
Shire of Mooneschadowe