ARN - Cold Blades

Wayne Ross wayner at languy.com
Mon Dec 6 10:35:45 PST 1999

Please do not misconstrue my question as an attack, but I have to ask: Both
Piet and Marquet said they were told to warm their blades. By whom were you
told, and what expertise or experience gave them unquestionable authority on
the subject? As far as strip fencing goes, isn't that usually done at
climate controlled indoor facilities? Why would you be warming blades there?
Also, has anyone documented an increase in blade breakage due to cold
weather ( I believe that this was Marquet's original question)? Facts, not
hearsay, or "there I was..." stories please.

Duncan Hepburn
The Steppes of Ansteorra