ARN - Gulf War non Don Melee

Chris Backus cbackus at enid.com
Mon Dec 13 18:30:40 PST 1999

Greetings unto all,

I've noticed a few people gathering units for the non-Don melee.  I think this is great, one of the points is to allow leadership experience to be spread.  However, every unit is going to have its own ideas and goals.  I have not been to Gulf War before, so depending on the scope of this melee my idea might be less than necessary.

What I propose is that everyone discuss and decide who would make a good overall field commander.  Then, at Gulf Wars, we can nominate and vote, agreeing beforehand that the field commander will have command of all units.  The field commander can then assign units to tasks, letting the unit commanders decide how to accomplish them and direct the unit in the accomplishment.  This will allow everyone who wants to front a unit to gain or show ability, while preventing a lack of direction.

I don't want anyone to think I'm hoping to gain this command, I'm sure there are others who would like to do it.  I merely speak from prior instruction and the desire to see a quick, easy, fun victory.  I'm confident that the individual unit commanders would lead their fighters well, but without coordination between them the results might not be the best.  If anyone sees huge flaws in this proposal or small flaws that could be fixed, let me know.

I remain,
Stephen Hawkins
Cadet to Don James Francis Navarre
Shire of the Wastelands,  ANSTEORRA