ARN - Cold Blades

LTThumper@aol.com LTThumper at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 19:35:19 PST 1999

I have fought in Drackenvauld and have tried both warming the blades and just
using them.  Warming a blade does not have a noticeable affect, if it is like
you would do for normal weather.  The increase in friction does cause a
decrease in the life of the blade.  My suggestion would be to Flex the blade
in the normal bent of a good shot to make sure the blade is still good.
Witch should be done prior to any fighting good weather or bad.  Then play
with a little more caution like as if you were using slogger blades and did
not won't to accidentally hurt someone.  The only break of a blade I have
ever seen in cold weather is at the tang of the blade, but that does not mean
that it couldn't happen anywhere else.

Sicerly
Lord Daniel Mcniel
Rapier Marshal Brad Leah