ARN - Princess's blade

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:35:49 PDT 1999

>From: Brent & Susan Rachel <hbrache at texas.net>
>To: ansteorra-rapier at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: Re: ARN - Princess's blade
>Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:26:12 -0500
>
>"Dean, Jenice A." wrote:
>
> > Some of the cadets in Ansteorra presented a lovely new blade (ok so I
>didn't
> > actually see it but how can a new blade be other than lovely) to the
> > Princess.  To my understanding it will be held behind the Princess by a
> > cadet during court.
>
>What do you folks out there think of the whole idea of the cadets doing
>this?
>Should they have..., shouldn't they have?  What are your thoughts?
>
>Kazimir Petrovich

It was my understanding Her Highness had asked the cadets to do this. A
royal request is the same as a command to a loyal subject.
I have no objection to the whole idea. But I would make a suggestion. If
there's an unscarfed fighter who has proved him/herself on or off the field,
they should also be asked to stand behind the princess. It would be another
way of recognizing someone for all their hard work. IMHO.

Toshiro Koi