ARN - Scarf meanings (was Cadets in Court)

Kendall Johnson avalon1321 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 10:22:27 PDT 1999

I have been training  in rapier combat for 8 years and am not scarved.
I have defeated cadets and Dons on the field as well as been humbled by
"newbies". So to the question of how do you view those without a scarf,
I would say that they are a fellow trainee capable of anything. No more
than that they are a brother/sister who will test my honor and courage
as well as my skill every time I take the field. We all start without a
scarf. Just because they don't wear a scarf doesn't mean they can't
defeat me in combat.

A respectful bow is never out of place.
Rufus Guthrie