ARN - Re: RN- Weapon grabbing

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:16:48 PST 1999

snippage:

"Unless there has been a ruling I missed seeing published, both

> moulinet-style attacks, but not strikes, and blade grabbing, but not
> wrestling over the blade, are permitted in Ansteorra, both having similar
> wording and intent with the proposed corporate rules.  ( Have they actually
> signed those so I can stop saying "proposed" ?)
>
> David Gallowglass

Isobel Responds:
I've actually seen one Don in Ansteorra using Moulinet-style attacks with a cut
in the end, but he's the only person...quite disconcerting.  If any field marshal
saw anyone grab a blade at this time they would still halt the bout, and I
imagine that not many fighters would even "get away with" the moulinet-style
attacks either.  Although both of these actions may be "technically" legal since
the signing of the rules, I will guess that either a re-write of the rules to
disallow them will occur, or a huge marshallate policy meeting will have to take
place to notify people that they are allowed.

BTW...I've heard that the new corporate rules have been signed without their
testing appendix, but that they will need to be published first before they are
law.

GP Taylor