ARN - New Rules

amberd@flash.net amberd at flash.net
Tue Aug 8 11:54:25 PDT 2000

II.C. Blows are to be struck by thrusting with the point of the blade (thrust)
or sliding the edge of the blade (draw cut or push cut). Optionally, upon prior
agreement of all involved fighters, blows may be struck by placing the tip and
then drawing it across an opponent (tip cut). Chopping or saber-type cuts are
not permitted.

Blows are defined as above in a different part than which Isobel quoted. So if
I am interpreting the rules appropriately... if there is prior agreement then,
yes, tip cuts are valid blows.

Amerinda