ARN - Tournament Styles

Theron Bretz tbretz at mciworld.com
Wed Feb 23 21:01:55 PST 2000

> Guardian of the Guntlet is being brought back. and we hope to do a heavy
> rapier tourny only. it soundslike fun :o)

Details, details!  What, in particular, sounds like fun?  Is it going to be
fun just because the combatants are exclusively using larynx-crackers?  Or
is the tournament going to be structured in such a manner as to make it more
interesting than the average double-elim snoozefest?  If the heavy rapier
tournament is your selling point, what are you going to do to bring in those
of us who haven't taken the plunge?  Are there other activities planned
besides the HR tournament?  I have some ideas if you're interested, but I'd
like some more details about the event.

Etienne
Cooped up with an infant for too long and starving for conversations that
don't involve the digestive tract.