ARN - Tournament Styles

J. Amber AmberD at flash.net
Wed Feb 23 20:33:59 PST 2000

Pieter wrote:
>Guardian of the Guntlet is being brought back. and we hope to do a heavy
>rapier tourny only. it soundslike fun :o)

Heavy tourney 'only'?  Why would we want to do that?  One of the things I
love about Ansteorra is that no one is tring to force me to fight heavy
rapier.  I like the fact that most tourney styles let the combatants decide
if they want to fight heavy or light rapier.  I think having a heavy only
tourney in Ansteorra would limit those who could or would compete to the
tourneys detriment. Please don't say "If you don't like it, don't fight".
That is an easy out for those who can not think of a better answer.

Amerinda di Praga