ARN - Tournament Styles

CADET1313@aol.com CADET1313 at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 06:40:31 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/23/00 11:13:56 PM Central Standard Time,
AmberD at flash.net writes:

<< Heavy tourney 'only'?  Why would we want to do that?  One of the things I
 love about Ansteorra is that no one is tring to force me to fight heavy
 rapier.  I like the fact that most tourney styles let the combatants decide
 if they want to fight heavy or light rapier.  I think having a heavy only
 tourney in Ansteorra would limit those who could or would compete to the
 tourneys detriment. Please don't say "If you don't like it, don't fight".
 That is an easy out for those who can not think of a better answer.

 Amerinda di Praga >>
I you don't like it don't fight...:o)   *joke*
I said it was ideas that we were kicking around... but if you would like to
know why we were tinking of it. We just thought that we ansteorrans can do
alot more period style or at the least mort period then what we do with a
fast epee style with a heavy rapier. One thing you have to understand
Amerinda is that not every tourney or event is made with everyone in mind.
Look at Lyonesse, If a heavy fighter that is a the hot stick in almost every
tourney comes he will beat the snot out of many. will he win? probably not.
That tourney is for show and grace and honor. those who just come to fight
with no concept of the game will probably be really board with the whole
tourney. Now look at TSQ, not everyone likes melees, I know a few that just
rather fight one on one all day and win win win, they don't like the idea of
winning the day without a single kill. There are some (few) people in this
kingdom that like only heavy rapier and dread picking up the epee because
they are only tring to learn the "true art".  So I hope this answer is better
then if you don't like it don't fight.  It's the best I can do right now.

Pieter