ARN - Tournament Styles

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Thu Feb 24 08:06:50 PST 2000

Not to be "backlashing," but
What about an 'old rules' tourney?

dagger blades were new, and the rules were only one or two pages long
(@1988?)?

Maybe limit the participants (fighters and marshals) to those people who
have participated using the old rules?  Maybe we could coax some of the
people who have dropped out over the years to come back for the tourney?
(Rapier reunion?)

Of course, this would have to be something like an exhibition
tourney.....being done in conjunction with another tourney at an event.

But the idea would be to show people what the fighting used to be like;
give some perspective on how far it has evolved.  Maybe give people a
chance to think about whether there's something we've lost during the
evolution that we'd like to bring back?  (And what we're glad is gone.)
And of course, there's always the stories that we know we'll hear if we can
get these people together....

Considering the history of Guardian, maybe this would be something
appropriate?

~Addy