ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Theron Bretz tbretz at mciworld.com
Thu Feb 24 11:23:46 PST 2000

>This is probably true for most people; however, the only time I have been
able
>to even play with heavy rapier was when Zeno came to GAFB for a TDY stent.
And
>please don't take this as a "poor me pout" because I want to play heavy
rapier
>and will at the earliest possible....

I understand how that works, believe me.  When I took up fencing, I drove
from Bjornsborg to Bryn Gwlad twice a week to practice.  Not because I
didn't like the practice in Bjornsborg, mind you, it's just that there was
no practice in Bjornsborg at the time (or fencers, for that matter, apart
from yours truly).

For my part, the biggest things holding up my move over to heavy rapier have
been real-life.  First, I'm terribly impatient and the notion of ordering a
blade and having to /wait/ for it drives me nuts.  Secondly, a combination
of injury and fatherhood has cut my practice time to nil.  Finally, my
perfectionist streak doesn't want to take up something new unless I can do
it right, which means taking care of a dozen or so little things that I
won't let slide once I take up HR.

Yours in procrastination,

Etienne