ARN - Women only?

Theron Bretz tbretz at mciworld.com
Thu Feb 24 14:36:22 PST 2000

>I want, I want, I want very much to go on about the tendency I have noticed
>of late to use everything as impetus to polarize and start digging trenches
>(if you haven't been witness to it, well, lucky you), but I honestly don't
>think that was intended in this discussion -- it just reads it a bit.

I couldn't agree more.  It often seems like the fencing community seems to
thrive on internal strife.  I don't know if it's due to all the "catty"
dialogue and repartee in Renaissance movies, or for some other reason, but
I've often noted that the fencing community can be the most vicious
hen-house of backbiting and gossip in the Kingdom (and yes, that includes
the Laurels; there are a lot more of us).  Lord knows, I've been guilty of
it myself, I'm just not sure what to do about it.

Etienne