ARN - Tournament Styles - HR only

Chris Backus cbackus at enid.com
Thu Feb 24 17:06:09 PST 2000

Dear Amerinda,

I really feel you're getting overly excited about this.  Having a heavy
rapier only tournament just enables people who prefer them to enjoy
themselves with their favorite weapons.  It does not mean you can't follow
it with a light rapier only tournament, or a mixed tournament.  I somewhat
question your prejudice because of your counterproposal to make it open to
all weapons, but default to light rapier.  Avoiding something like the light
rapier default might be one reason to have HR only tournaments.

Please don't take offense, I'll play with anything until I can't walk on
Sunday : )

Hawkins