ARN - Drop-outs, or the missing

JEvans5420@aol.com JEvans5420 at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 21:21:08 PST 2000

    People drop out of an organization for many reasons.  The SCA has a way
of propelling its members to change or evolve with their apparent consent.  I
know of one person who said "I will only fight schlager the way they do in
Germany."(You know, that facial scaring thing)  But, now that person has
their own, and fights HR         just like all the rest of us.  So, it is my
opinion, and just my opinion that people don't drop out of the SCA just
because someone spoke disparagingly of his foil, or he/she did not agree with
a rule change, but there were other factors.  Now, they may have used the
foil thing, or the rule change as an excuse, but something else propelled
them to that decision.
    So, the question is, would an old style tourney that just the Dons run,
bring the missing out of the woodwork like termites at a house fire?

Harry - who really can't leave well enough alone.