ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Theron Bretz tbretz at mciworld.com
Mon Feb 28 11:17:16 PST 2000

>  How about an event where the main list is HR only, but there is ALSO an
> open tourney, so everyone can fight? This allows us to make the leap to a
HR
> only tourney at an event, and still allows those who choose not to fight
HR
> to come and participate.

I've got no problems with this.  A suggestion would be to find a way to
encourage those who have HR-specific equipment (blades, set-ups, gorgets,
etc.) for sale to attend.  Not an easy prospect, perhaps, given that most of
them reside out of kingdom, but let's face it, Ansteorra has a dearth of
armourers of any quality, and the ability to attend an event and purchase
equipment "off the rack" would be a major attraction to me and the others
who don't like mail order.

Etienne