ARN - Palo Alto Fencing Club....

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Jun 1 12:15:38 PDT 2000

Hello.

Thought that I'd tell y'all about some of the upcoming camps and classes
being held at the Palo Alto Fencing Club, at Palo Alto College in SW San
Antonio.

There is a beginning foil youth camp on the week of June 12, in the
mornings.  It's 100.00 (negotiable if you can't pay).
There's an advanced foil youth camp the following week.  Same amount.
There's an Instructor class that runs from on Fri evening, Sat all day,
and Sun morning, June 9-11.  It will teach how to teach groups.  It will
teach "old school" french grip (not pistol grips) and no flicking.
Only $20.00!

I'm going to the Instructor class.  Those running it are very SCA
friendly.  Any of our youth marshals might want to consider attending.
If you are from out of town, I can offer floor space...or can hook you
up with someone with extra beds, etc.

I'm hoping that some of our local youth fencers (or their friends,
acquaintances) can come to the first....and maybe continue into the
second youth camp (remember the "cost negotiable part...").  Equipment,
clothing is supplied and participants get a T-shirt.  There's electronic
scoring that the kids can have some fun with.

If you mention the SCA, they'll waive the late fee that goes into effect
on June 1.

You can inquire with vbradfor at accdvm.accd.edu for more information and a
sign-up sheet and waiver.  In case there's a problem with her email
address, let me know also and I"ll double check that she heard from you.

Isobel/Gail