ARN - Ansteorran Queen's Champion (was Re: RN- Fighting indoors

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Tue May 30 19:26:04 PDT 2000

Isobel brought up some good points, but we'll have to
wait and see.

I am marshal in charge for the tournament.  My personal
preference is fighting outdoors, as I've never really
liked fighting indoors for many of the reasons cited by
others on this list.  However, I will not rule out
fighting indoors.  We are going to look at all
possibilities (indoor, and outdoor).  We are going to
look at all available areas outdoors (yes, including
the shady ones.)  I will consult with HRH Allyson as
well as the Kingdom Chirurgeon on this matter.

I am concerned about the possibility of heat-related
incidents as well as the risk of fighting on the
concrete floor of the hall.  I would ask that anyone
that has a strong preference either way to please email
me privately and not swamp this list.

Whatever the decision, not everyone will be pleased.
So when the time comes, if you are one of the ones that
are displeased, do NOT turn your displeasure toward
Rosenfeld or the queen, bring it to me.  I will take
full responsibility.

Don Ansgar von Aachen
Marshal-in-Charge
Ansteorran Kingdom Rapier Marshal