ARN - Need Advice / Opinions

David Jordan jordand at vvm.com
Fri Oct 27 16:54:29 PDT 2000

Unto My Lords and Ladies of the Ansteorran Rapier Community comes Wulfgar,
Greetings!

As a novice rapier fighter, and as a merchant who wishes to best serve this
group, I have a question which is generated from comments I have heard, and
I ask for your clarification.

I wish to know if the reputation for France-Lames blades is good, or bad, or
perhaps neutral, with you all.  I ask because I have recently been granted
the opportunity to bypass the intermediate dealers and buy France-Lames
baldes and equipment direct, thus drastically reducing cost, and hopefully
as drastically reducing the prices I must charge you, my customers, for
them.  I do not wish to stock a brand that you are not interested in, or
that is not approved, for our sport.

My Dons and Donas (spelling?), I specifically ask your input on this matter.
Is there either a de jure or de facto prohibition of these blades in
Ansteorra?  If not, do you wish to have available these items at discounted
prices?  I wish to be able to provide the best available equipment and
supplies to my comrades in the rapier communities, primarily in Ansteorra,
but in other realms also.

Please answer as you see it, either on this forum, or privately to
jordand at vvm.com.  If you wish confidentiality, I shall be most pleased to
insure it.

Thank you in advance for your most desired advice,

In Service to the Dream,

/s/  Wulfgar
Wulfgar von Regensburg, HansGraf
White Wolf Trading Company