ARN - new marshal's handbook draft online

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Thu Sep 14 14:19:20 PDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 09:08:17PM +0000, Timothy Adams wrote:
> I need to talk to the NR rapier marshal about learning/abtaining a field
> marshal card correct??   the order is.
> yellow card
> field marshal
> inspecting/auth  marshal
> correct??  incorrect??

Milord Timothy,

Unless the cards have suddenly changed (not entirely impossible), there is
only one kind of marshalling for rapier on the authorization card, which
enables you to field marshal and inspect.  You cannot, at this time, be
an authorizing rapier marshal unless you hold a position that makes you such
(e.g. regional marshals, marshals at large).

My card shows the following checkboxes:

Rapier Combat (checked)
Rapier Marshalling (checked)
Schlager (checked)
Fiberglass Rapier (unchecked)

Now, to confuse matters, there's the youth rapier program, which has its own
marshallate and so forth.  But the above, I think, describes pretty much how
things work in the 'adult' rapier (I hate that phrasing) -- either you is or
is not a marshal, and only people whose job it is to authorize can authorize.

For the record, the Northern Regional marshal is Don Hawkins; his deputy is
Lord Yoshii.  The Northern marshals at large (who can authorize, as well as
the two worthies I just mentioned) are currently Don Navarre and Don Timothy.

Doubtless Don Hawkins will reply more accurately, but I have to beat him at
_something_... :)

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy