ARN - new marshal's handbook draft online

Timothy Adams toadams at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:42:18 PDT 2000

>Milord Timothy,
thank you for the title
but I am just Timothy..

>Unless the cards have suddenly changed (not entirely impossible), >there is
>only one kind of marshalling for rapier on the authorization card, which
>enables you to field marshal and inspect.  Suprise!!   It changed.. *G*

>My card shows the following checkboxes:
>Rapier Combat (checked)
>Rapier Marshalling (checked)
>Schlager (checked)
>Fiberglass Rapier (unchecked)

hmmm mine has
Rapier Combat (checked)
RC marshal   (unchecked)
RC Authorization marshal  (unchecked)
Heavy Rapier  (unchecked, but working on it)
looks like the cards have changed since you last recieved yours.

>For the record, the Northern Regional marshal is Don Hawkins; his deputy is
>Lord Yoshii. The Northern marshals at large (who can >authorize, as well as
>the two worthies I just mentioned) are >currently Don Navarre and Don
>Timothy.
Cool the day I was carded I fought all four of these fine men, and died, and
died, and died.

>Doubtless Don Hawkins will reply more accurately, but I have to beat him at
>_something_... :)
I guess the question for Don Hawkins is when will you hold a marshal class,
for those of us who are not marshals. Always helps at smaller events to have
alot of field marshals, so everyone can fight some.

also there have been alot of armored combat war practices in the Kingdom
here lately, what about Rapier??  (never fought in a melee yet)

Timothy