ARN - rant

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Mon Sep 18 21:02:56 PDT 2000

Quoting Chandranath <russ at randomgang.com>:

<snip>
> Things like up-to-date authorization cards, the passing of
> marshals-at-large
> in favor of authorization marshals, and indeed, interpretation of the
> Earl
> Marshal's recently issued rules concerning official events seems, well,
> awfully on-topic for the Marshals handbook (proof positive: I've been
> warranted
> rapier marshal for around half a year and had to be corrected on some of
> these
> matters).

Let's see...

The new cards have been out for quite some time and the rapier rules deal
with the lumping of fiberglass with heavy rapier so except for the fact that
there is no separate heavy rapier marshallate, there's no need for this to be
addressed in the handbook in my opinion.

The official events ruling affects all aspects of the marshallate including
rapier, equestrian, archery, etc. so it should really be addressed in the
participant's handbook (although the ruling actually addresses a corporate
rule.)  Most of this stuff has been published in the Black Star or announced
at events or on the net many times.  This handbook is really designed to aid
the various members of the rapier marshallate in doing their jobs.  Partly to
help educate them in the various aspects of their duties and partly to increase
consistancy throughout the kingdom.

Commentary is requested and welcomed for this project.  Hopefully, we will see
a second draft soon.  We will be adding a general outline for the marshal's
authorization class as well as other things.

I thank everyone in advance for whatever contributions they may make to this
project.

Ansgar
Kingdom Rapier Marshal