ARN - rant

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Fri Sep 15 13:04:02 PDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:53:25PM -0500, Wayne Ross wrote:
> For the sake of the person who is trying to get the Marshals handbook done
> (me)... would you all please change the subject line of your e-mail if you
> are talking about something other than the marshal's handbook. We are
> talking about authorization cards, their color and flavor and smell, and our
> eventing schedules, and how much we love Don Hawkins.
>
> A little courtesy please.
>
> Don Duncan

Your point is well taken, Don Duncan, and my apologies for one for not
looking carefully at the subject line ... that said ...

Things like up-to-date authorization cards, the passing of marshals-at-large
in favor of authorization marshals, and indeed, interpretation of the Earl
Marshal's recently issued rules concerning official events seems, well,
awfully on-topic for the Marshals handbook (proof positive: I've been warranted
rapier marshal for around half a year and had to be corrected on some of these
matters).

Whether or not our love for Don Hawkins should be in the handbook is, of
course, a matter of personal preference...

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy
Musician in the King's Players