ARN - While we're talking about the new cards..."okey-dokey"

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Tue Sep 19 18:26:42 PDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:35:16PM -0500, David Whitford wrote:
> You also could put in a bid to be Earl Marshal
>  Robert
>
> Walter Robin wrote:
>
> > It IS unprofessional, thoroughly mundane, and...hmmm...inelegant.
> >
> > Ld Walter Robin,
> > Insegnante

I swore to myself I was going to shut up on a few lists, but this drew me out.

I'm at a loss to find the analogy I want.  At any rate, there is a great deal
involved with being Earl Marshal.  I for one will step up to the plate and say
I could not do it, no way, no how.  I lack the experience, the time, the
finances, and the interest.  I am thoroughly an unsuitable candidate for the
job.

Does this mean I shouldn't have an opinion about "okie dokie" on the
authorization cards?  No, no, a thousand times no, any more than having an
opinion about kingdom law (say, some years ago, thinking schlager should be
permitted) means that I have to enter Crown Tourney or surrender that opinion.

Of course, we could just all fight it out. :)

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy
Musician in the King's Players