ARN - While we're talking about the new cards...

Cynthia Hamilton jaysmom at swbell.net
Tue Sep 19 13:32:37 PDT 2000

Ok folks, since I've come rather late to this argument I've had the chance to
read quite a few opinions on the subject of the wording on the authorization
card and it brings this question to my mind:

If you object to the wording now that someone else mentions it first, why
didn't you object to it when you signed your new card - or didn't you read
your new card before you signed it?

You could have started a grass-roots protest right then and there by refusing
to sign a card with inappropriate wording.  If you got enough people to refuse
to sign at the start, instead of waiting 6+ months to voice an opinion then I
think your protests would carry more weight.  As it is, this disagreement
seems to me to be rather to be an afterthought.

(and I use the plural you I don't mean to attack  Etienne on this, but he was
the first to quote the actual wording so that is why I chose his post to
respond to)

Another question comes to mind: does anyone in the Chivalric or Archery
communities object to the wording?

Regards,
Simone - who doesn't care that my card says "okey-dokey" so long as it is
signed and I am authorized to fight.