ARN - Stagnation? WAS Re: While we're talking about the new cards...

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Tue Sep 19 19:46:38 PDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:32:37PM +0100, Cynthia Hamilton wrote:
> If you object to the wording now that someone else mentions it first, why
> didn't you object to it when you signed your new card - or didn't you read
> your new card before you signed it?

As has been pointed out, by me, until everyone was sick of me, I don't have a
new card, so this is the first I'd heard of it. :)

> (and I use the plural you I don't mean to attack  Etienne on this, but he was
> the first to quote the actual wording so that is why I chose his post to
> respond to)

I gather that Etienne likewise does not have one of the new cards, since he
was asking if the wording was indeed as given.

As I said a minute ago in private mail, I think there is good reason to drop
the topic, either way, on this list; that reason being the preservation of the
peace.  Now that the existence of the wording is established, those
sufficiently concerned can take it to the appropriate channels, as mail I just
read from Etienne suggested he intends to do.

So...

NEW TOPIC!

I am, due to various mundane reasons, a fairly regional player, so I am
unclear on the situation in other regions.  However, I am a local marshal up
here in Mooneschadowe, and have noticed the state of affairs in the north.
Without getting into details or pointing fingers, there are hardly any regular
practices, a situation that has been true all through the heydey months of
summer.  This is depressing; I want more people to fight.

How are the fighter numbers going in the rest of our fair kingdom?  Up?  Down?
Stable?  Stagnating?  Imaginary?  (1+2i fighters?)

Apologies in advance to Don Hawkins if I tread on his toes here.

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy
Musician in the King's Players